Monday, September 6, 2010

Alive and Well

Yes, we are alive and well. Sorry for the long delay in posting anything. It will be almost impossible to catch up on our busy summer but I'll list some of the highlights for you and maybe add some pictures soon.

--Painted the exterior of our house
--Trip to Salem to visit our friends the Blairs and Edwards'
--Camping at Stanton park two weekends in a row with the above mentioned friends. Fun times catching up and swimming in the Umpqua River with the kids.
--Coaching Autumn and Noah's T-ball team. Games two times a week with 1 day of practice in between for the first few weeks.
--Trip to San Francisco to visit our friends the Willards and go to a San Fran. Giants game.
--A five day trip to Bend, Oregon. I went for a conference for work but the family came with me. We had a great time. We went bowling, mini golfing, rode the bumper cars and many other fun things. I really enjoyed my conference too, learned a lot.
--Camping on the coast at Harris Beach in Brookings, Oregon with Grammy and Grandpa Casad. Fun times playing in the Ocean. Dawn and I got visited by a Skunk one night after the kids went to bed. I looked over and it was about 3 feet from me. I grabbed Dawn and we ran to the trailer to get away. Thankfully it didn't feel threatened because we came away smelling just fine.
--Two separate weeks of swim lessons for Noah and Autumn
--Two separate weeks of Vacation Bible School for Noah and Autumn
--We had a yard sale a couple weeks ago. My grandma moved in with my mom and had several things to get rid of. We had the sale here because we have a good location. We wanted to put a few things of ours in there two and in the end we probably had even more things. We did pretty well. Then the next day the windshield of the car cracked and we spend all the money we made for a new one. Easy come easy go.

As you can see, we were pretty busy. This doesn't even include the daily activities. I think I have a good excuse for not posting but I know it would have been nice to post about these as they happened.

I'll try to post updates more often!

School starts next week!

1 comment:

Peter and Sarah said...

Wow, busy summer, but sounds like fun!