Thursday, April 22, 2010

All is Well

I know it's been a while since I posted so I thought I'd give a crash course on what's been going on, most of which is just normal everyday life. It will be random and you'll know more than you really want.

--Since my post a couple months ago about being sick, most of us have gotten sick another 2 times. Once was a cold that hit Dawn the hardest and that Autumn did not get. The second was the stomach flu which Noah, Hollie and I got. Noah had it at the end of spring break and missed his first couples days back. I was off of work for 4 days. It was not pleasant. Hollie didn't get it too bad and only threw up twice before bed but slept through the night. All has been well since then although, as I write this, Hollie seems to be coming down with a cold and has not been a happy camper today.

--Last year I won our office March Madness bracket pool. This year, second to last. Not good.


--We all attended an annual event here in Medford. We took the mile or two walk from home and took our usual spot along the sidewalk to enjoy the Pear Blossom Festival parade on April 10th. It was a typical parade but the kids loved it. Hollie was so fun to watch when the next thing came into view around the corner. It was probably the most fun we've had going to this parade.

--Noah, Autumn and I attended Bingo night at Noah's school last Friday. This is our third one and we haven't gotten a Bingo yet. On one game each of us only needed one more to win but it didn't happen. To rub it in, two people at our table won. We probably played 10 games or so. We had pizza for dinner before we started playing and it was fun despite being loosers.

--Dawn has been helping out in Noah's class every Wednesday for the past couple months. I've been going into work late on those days so she can do it (I take Autumn to pre-school and get some fun one-on-one time with Hollie). Dawn has been loving it. Hopefully with Autumn in Kindergarten next year she'll get even more opportunities to go in both their classes if we can find someone to watch Hollie for a few hours a week (any Grandmas out there?)

--Noah has been doing really well in Karate and will be in a tournament in May.

--Autumn's first dance concert/recital will be at our local mall on May 8th. They will have 5 other performances in May and June.

--We are going camping this weekend! We are so excited. We only went camping once last summer since I spent all my time building the garage. We'll try to make up for it this summer.

--We are tenatively scheduling a road trip NEXT summer to Yellowstone. We are at the beginning stages of planning it. I am so excited. We're going to hitch up the trailer and go camping for 2 weeks. I've always wanted to go there. We'll keep you updated on those plans.

--Unfortunately we have begun the search for a new church (after 6 years). Over the past year our church has made several changes that we aren't too thrilled about. We haven't felt like it was 'our' church anymore. We went to our first choice last week and liked it. The kids loved it. Noah came running out of his class and said, "I hope this can be our new church!" It's a little bigger than we're used to but we've heard great things about it. Unfortunately this time of year is not a good time to start looking for us because we go camping so much we miss a lot of Sunday's. We shall see, it's in the Lord's hands.


I think that may be it for now. We've been cruising along and enjoying life. The kids are growing up so fast. I already want things to slow down. I can't imagine what life will be like 5 or 10 years from now. I'm ready, bring it on!

No comments: